|Construction Administrative Assistant||Housing Visions Construction||Syracuse, NY||Corporate||Full-TIme|
Housing Visions provides high quality construction services for neighborhoods in need. We are proud of our successes, which are driven by our understanding of the uniqueness of each building, neighborhood and community. Our only constant is to reach our goal of providing each revitalization project the highest standards and best practice building techniques to ensure long term sustainability.
Our Construction team is dedicated to halting the physical and economic deterioration of urban areas and increasing the availability of quality affordable housing. We specialize in substantially rehabilitating buildings that are in substandard condition and constructing new houses that blend in with the architecture of the neighborhood. The result is a complete physical transformation of a neighborhood, bringing vitality into the community. Confidence is restored.
Our construction management practices maintain the trust and confidence of each party involved, from the people within the neighborhood and the leaders of the community to the owners and investors. We always strive to produce superior results that are completed on time, cost effective and exhibit high quality workmanship. To be part of our team as a Construction Administrator:
You will be responsible for the comprehensive and timely administration of all Construction project related documentation and information.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Oversee and support General Contractor and Subcontractor compliance with details and paperwork.
- Ensure Subcontractor insurance certificates have been received and reviewed for compliance with Housing Visions Standards.
- Assist and support Subcontractors with certified payroll.
- Distribute Subcontractor checks after certifying subcontractor compliance is current.
- Work with Accounts Payable assisting with paperwork and price review.
- Handle HVCC administrative duties including but not limited to: managing the warranty binder, logging building closeout documents, tracking builds, and tracking energy required documents from subcontractors.
- Coordinate and replace corrected information as needed for plans and specifications to bid; by sending to specific plan rooms.
- Oversee administrations of bids from sending bid invitations to tracking and receiving subcontractor bids.
- Monitoring and reaching out for Minority and Women Owned Businesses (M/WBE) suppliers and subcontractors.
- Visit the various field sites for administrative support. Duties would include but are not limited to; change orders, collecting documents , and supportive administrative work for project managers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Desire to excel in work for the benefit of the company mission.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to develop and maintain positive, professional and collaborative relationships.
- Strong organizational skills in managing complex tasks with autonomy.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations.
- Ability to have flexibility and support the team as needed.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail. Required documents must be collected and submitted punctually and accurately.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software products including Excel, Word and Outlook preferred. Ability to learn new software in a timely manner.
Education, Experience, Credentials and License:
- High School Diploma with 3 years’ experience required. Associates Degree with at least 1 year experience preferred.
- At least 1 year in administrative work required; 2-3 years of administrative work and construction knowledge preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with no restrictions required. Must have the ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug test.
- This position does not supervise others.
- Medical / Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Direct Deposit
About Housing Visions Construction Co., Inc.
Housing Visions Construction Co., Inc. was formed in 2002 as a not-for-profit affiliate of Housing Visions to provide construction services in an effort to halt the physical and economic deterioration of urban areas and increase the availability of quality housing to low and moderate income residents.