- Property Management
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Full- Time, Non-Exempt
- Benefit Eligible
- Location: (2) Syracuse, NY (1) Utica, New York
Maintenance Laborers perform tasks involving the interior and exterior physical appearance (curb appeal) and upkeep of housing units. Assist in the completion of orders, turnovers, and project in a safe and timely. Communicates significant incidents, issues and or concerns to the Maintenance Supervisor. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following duties:
- Install light bulbs, doors, cabinets, paneling and other property related mechanicals.
- Paint interior and/or exterior walls and cabinets.
- Perform walk-through of buildings and property grounds, removing litter and cleaning surfaces.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- May assist in obtaining and/or unloading of delivery supplies.
- Assist with maintaining company standards for property security.
- Must be able to lift up to 60lbs.
- Knowledge of and the ability to operate cleaning equipment related to building maintenance.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with other employees as well as our residents.
- Experience in facility maintenance or skilled trades preferred.
- Valid NYS driver’s license with no restrictions or major infractions.
- Must be able to meet the requirements of a Drug Free Workplace which includes but is not limited to negative results on pre-employment, post- accident/incident, random and reasonable suspicion testing.
Working Environment: Will be exposed at times to loud noise, machinery with moving parts, dirt, foul odors, exposure to dust, and working at heights. Work is characterized by the necessity for considerable physical exertion, by contact with outdoor materials, and for working outdoors under occasionally varied and adverse weather conditions.
This position does not supervise others.
- Medical / Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Direct Deposit
About Housing Visions
Housing Visions purchases, develops and consults on projects, substantially rehabilitates or newly constructs homes, and performs property management functions. It specializes in Low Income Housing Tax Credits and has successfully rehabilitated a number of buildings including some eligible to be listed on the historic registry, and has received NYS Preservation awards. Housing Visions serves low- to moderate-income households including special populations such as the physically handicapped, victims of domestic violence, and homeless veterans. Over 70% of its capital funding comes from private sources. Its operating funding primarily is from fees received on the projects developed.
The work of Housing Visions increases the supply of safe, attractive, affordable housing in otherwise deteriorating neighborhoods. This work also provides an economic stimulus to these communities. The increased vitality of the neighborhood brings more businesses that are interested in having a presence there. This in turn brings opportunities for employment for the local residents and improves the financial standing of the community in a number of ways. The construction process itself creates local jobs, encourages local purchases, and the improvements inspire neighboring owners and businesses to do the same.