TEAM: Property Management
SUPERVISOR: Regional Property Manager and Asset Manager
- Full Time, Exempt
- Benefit Eligible
- Location: Two openings: Syracuse North/South & VanKeuren Square
Oversee and manage the day to day operation of the assigned housing site(s) including marketing, leasing units, collecting rents, meeting the needs of tenants and consistent curb appeal through preventative and appropriate maintenance. Ensure compliance with relevant government regulations, Housing Visions policies and procedures, priorities and values while maintaining a consistent 97% occupancy rate. In a timely manner, communicate significant incidents, issues and or concerns to the Regional Property Manager and or Asset Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All properties must be managed properly foremost; maintain at least 97% occupancy by keeping consistent records of tenant move-ins and outs, processing applications timely, and establishing marketing as often as current occupancy requires.
- Provide supervision and delegate duties when necessary to all leasing office and maintenance employees. With the guidance of the Regional Manager and assistance from human resources recruit, hire, onboard, train, develop, complete performance evaluations, create and deliver corrective actions and terminate employees when necessary and following appropriate procedures in order to address all staffing needs and issues.
- Ensure leasing office is operating efficiently and effectively by keeping regularly scheduled office hours from 8:30AM-5:00PM; files are well organized, neat and have all appropriate documents for compliance purposes.
- Ensure superior customer service to residents by promptly responding to all incoming calls, messages, and emails in a professional, respectful and customer oriented manner; ultimate responsibility to ensure resident needs are met.
- Oversee the collection of monthly rents, make deposits, submit paperwork to Accounting timely.
- Reconcile tenant accounts with assistance of Accounting, consistently enforce and apply late fee procedure and pursue delinquencies through 3-day late letters, legal actions (serving/marshalling), and finally eviction.
- Collect security deposits, obtain signatures on W-9 forms, submit to accounting.
- Continuously update and process lease renewals and income certifications in accordance with the applicable Tax Credit regulations and track results in BostonPost Property Manager.
- BostonPost Property Manager must be kept current and provide an accurate depiction of all the units and residents in the assigned portfolio of properties. Log all applications and applicant details in BostonPost Property Manager.
- Ensure that applications are readily available and distributed to all interested applicants.
- Promptly fill vacant units by processing applications in prescribed procedure, see all applicants through to approval or denial.
- Make written contact and document file for those applicants who are denied housing; for approved applicants, begin procedure of showing units on way to becoming resident.
- Ensure that all vacant units become ready to rent as soon as possible and monitor turnover of such unit with the Maintenance team.
- Conduct self in manner to promote company mission, while functioning as liaison between resident and management to the extent possible.
- Complete landlord statements and provide assistance to any agencies providing support services to any resident (i.e. Section 8, ARC, DSS, etc.).
- Notify tenants in writing of infractions of lease, apartment inspections, re-certification appointments and rent changes.
- Regularly perform physical inspections of property to ensure current curb appeal meets with Housing Visions standard and to ensure no safety hazards exist. Address and follow up with concerns with Maintenance Supervisor and other appropriate staff in a timely manner
- Complete maintenance work orders when such requests are called in during the office hours, make the Maintenance team aware of emergency situations as soon as possible.
- For after office hours, ensure an answering service will record all work orders and provide faxes indicating the request made.
- Prepare for to ensure positive results and participate in various types of inspections including annual unit inspections, other inspections deemed necessary, Section 8 inspections as applicable, notify resident of move-in inspection procedure and assist with scheduling move-out inspection when residents depart.
- Develop contacts with the community, including personal visits, involvement in community activities, mail and telephone calls.
- Keep abreast of current issues affecting properties and the local community.
- Make marketing recommendations based on local area and consistent with a given project’s marketing plan (including applying preferences correctly).
- Assist and Maintenance team with audits/ inspections of properties by financial institutions and/or the NYS DHCR.
- Submit monthly reports in a timely and accurate manner to the Regional Property Manager and/or Asset Manager that include, but are not limited to, rent roll report, detailed move-in/move-out activity report, receivable/delinquency report, wait list report.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are being strictly adhered to and provide consistent, equal service to all of our residents and applicants, while promoting a positive image of the company and the properties to agencies and representatives throughout the local community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow all the policies and procedures of Housing Visions and adhere to Housing Visions values of Quality, Responsibility, Integrity and Compassion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Desire to excel in work for the benefit of the company mission.
- Ability to communicate with all residents, housing applicants and employees in a respectful and courteous manner in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and model appropriate behavior for employees.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive, professional collaborative relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to motivate employees and self while maintaining a positive work atmosphere.
- Ability to have flexibility and support the team as needed
- Excellent time management and attention to detail Required documents must be collected and submitted punctually and accurately
- Proficiency in Microsoft software products including Excel, Word and Outlook preferred Ability to learn new software in a timely manner
- Experience with Boston Post software preferred
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS AND LICENSES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 3 years’ Property Management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Tax Credit or Subsidized Housing experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license with no major restrictions and acceptable to Housing Visions insurance carrier required.
- Must be able to meet the requirements of a Drug Free Workplace which includes but is not limited to negative results on pre-employment, post- accident/incident, random and reasonable suspicion testing
- Based on the size of the property managed may supervise: Assistant Property Manager, Leasing Assistant, Maintenance Supervisor, Assistant Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Technician and any temporary employees assigned to properties.
– Medical / Dental Insurance
– Company Paid Life Insurance
– Voluntary Life Insurance
– 401(k) Plan
– Paid Time Off
– Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
– Direct Deposit
About Housing Visions
Housing Visions purchases, develops and consults on projects, substantially rehabilitates or newly constructs homes, and performs property management functions. It specializes in Low Income Housing Tax Credits and has successfully rehabilitated a number of buildings including some eligible to be listed on the historic registry, and has received NYS Preservation awards. Housing Visions serves low- to moderate-income households including special populations such as the physically handicapped, victims of domestic violence, and homeless veterans. Over 70% of its capital funding comes from private sources. Its operating funding primarily is from fees received on the projects developed.
The work of Housing Visions increases the supply of safe, attractive, affordable housing in otherwise deteriorating neighborhoods. This work also provides an economic stimulus to these communities. The increased vitality of the neighborhood brings more businesses that are interested in having a presence there. This in turn brings opportunities for employment for the local residents and improves the financial standing of the community in a number of ways. The construction process itself creates local jobs, encourages local purchases, and the improvements inspire neighboring owners and businesses to do the same.